Monday 12 September 2011

Example 1 - Lovely Bones


Lovely Bones - Crime, Drama, fantasy



I picked this film to use as an example because I think the different scenes and camera shots show the meaning of the film very well. It adds to the atmosphere and this trailer is a good example to use for the different camera shots that can be used.


I like this shot because this picture is meant to be from what the young girl is seeing from her camera. I think that this would be easy to replicate and a good effect to show if you want the viewer to see in the characters perspective this is a very good way to show it.



This is again shows the girl taking the film and would also be a good effect!


I like this shot because it makes it look mysterious, to what is the girl looking at and I think only being able to see half of her face and only one eye adds to the effect.



This is a good shot and I would be good to use because of the location, there are many fields like this in jersey that would be similar to this shot! And changing the lighting to make it darker can be done in pre production




Although this would be hard to match, the fantasies. I like the idea of the character Susie who is 14, entering her heaven, I think that her heaven was shown perfectly for her age groups, by the way that it is bright colours and everything she likes. The director has shown lots of range in showing this.








. I like this shot because it has been shot in a basement and the way the girl (Susie) is looking at the man and the lighting, you can tell that something bad has happened, with out there being any script as well.


This shot is relatable back to the first one where you see the pictures from the Susie’s camera, and with the recurring evidence shows who is the likely killer, but also creates a cool effect, or seeing things you have just seen but in a different way. 


In this shot it shows the killer running but the camera is on his head but going over so the shot can be seen on his face, this adds the effect that the audience is funning with the character which I think would be a very good effect and doesn’t need any fancy effects.





No comments:

Post a Comment