Monday 19 September 2011

Example 3 - True Blood


I like the location and the angle of this shot, because of the way it is focused on the eye of the alligator and it blurry around so that is the only thing that you can concentrate on.


The light going through the trees is very nice and makes it looks like there are sequences on the lens which I think is a really nice effect.


The colours of around the picture add a really nice retro affect, which also makes it look like the sun is coming up; it would be really good to use in a movie about the country western film… just an idea.


I like the gospel shots that flicker through the opening sequence, this shows the religion side, which contrasts to the vampire story line of the Drama. I also very much like how retro the camera affect is. 


The way there is also shots of violence going through the street is nice, and I like the rusty black and white. Another thing I would like to mention would be the font of the people involved in the show, it is simple but bold.


This is a slow motion action shot, although I wouldn’t be able to recreate this shot I think even is someone was in a fight having it in slow motion makes is more dramatic and more of an impact on the audience.


I like this shot because although it looks gruesome because of all the red mess, the young boy is only eating a strawberry which adds to the humor of this drama, because it’s about Vampires so you would think its blood, the close up adds to the impact.


This shot looks like its from CSI because of the fabric looking like it is being soaked in something for evidence.


The dead rodent makes the show seem gorey and this picture lets you in on what you are about to watch. And it would be easy to find dead wild life in Jersey if I wanted to out that in.


This shot has been taken from a car, which is a nice way to show a scene because it is moving and makes it seem more realistic. 


This is another gospel shot that was just added in; there are a few gospel shots that flash in and out of the opening sequence clearly to get the message across, that there is something to do with god.


When this close up lip shot comes on, instead of the smoke being exhaled, it is re-winded which is very cool and also makes the shot quite saucy.


The title really makes the opening for me, because it is in the blood, and you can see how the bubbles are being used as a magnifying glass, it is a very nice effect and has been very cleverly done.


The simplicity of this shot is nice and shows the importance of the girl being baptized, what comes after this is a serious of pictures of her being brought up which I think is really nicely done.





And finally you can tell that this is an exposed picture but with drops of blood on which is really effective and disturbing.


What I didn't put into my example was the rude clips of strips, this was meant to contrast against all of the gospel shots to show that this drama is very controversial, and also though I thought it is a good concept I don't agree with exploiting images that they used.  

No comments:

Post a Comment