Wednesday 21 September 2011

Example 5 - Dexter

I have chosen this film opening because of all the close ups, it is called Dexter.

This shot shows the mosquito sucking someone’s blood, which as the first clip makes you think what the film will be about. I like this shot because you can see the mosquito better with this camera than normally.


I like this shot because you are focused on the blood on the arm and the man (Dexter)’s face is out of focus I think this is a really nice effect.


Which then focuses onto his face, this is called depth of field and I think this would be a very good effect to use in my film.


And here we have the title which is blood going into the letters Dexter, another Vampire movie I think! But it is a nice way to make the title interesting. 


 I like how close the camera is to the skin, and really does show every fine detail I think it makes it almost have a creepy feel because you’re not used to seeing things up close like that.


These shots are quite gross because it looks like he is cutting into meat, I think this shot is really clever and made me look away when I first saw it.


The sound effects when Dexter is making his breakfast are very clear, again I like this shot because oh the camera being above the food but also zoomed in.


And even him cutting into an orange is made to look interesting, because of the way that the light is coming in and you are able to see all the juice that comes out when you cut into it.


And then lastly finally revealing the person who you have been watching for the past 2 minutes and it is a close up on the face, and then the story begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment