Tuesday 20 September 2011

Example 4 - The Ward

This is another horror movie called The Ward.

This shot starts off the movie going down an old hospital corridor, the camera is going along on a low angle as if it someone is about to come out and start walking down the corridor. I like this shot because the there is light flashing in the window at the back that makes the shot even more creepy.




In this shot it is really cool how the title of the film is coming up as if the camera is zooming out from the title when it is in the corridor.


I like this shot because of the old picture which adds to the affect, that the film is showing really stories from old texts book, this would be easy to re-create to add a good effect.

I like the effect of the shattering mirror/glass which makes it seem like the stories are interesting and exciting to watch, and I like the effect and might incorporate it into my final piece.




The use of all the pictures makes the viewer see what sort of movie they are starting to watch, the pictures paint a very disturbing image


Instead of using old pictures to put in the glass, I could take my own so that I have been more involved in every way I can and I will get the precise thing I want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment