Thursday 19 April 2012

AS Evaluation 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full production?






Since the start of the course, I had never used a mac so it was starting that was the hardest part for me. However I have leant a lot about research, planning, shooting, editing and distribution/promotion, which goes into making a film. The preliminary task was the beginning of the practical siade of this course. We were taught about all the different camera shots and angles such as long shots, establishing shots and the 180 degree rule in order to create a storyline that would be easy to follow.

Skills that I have leant and improved upon:
- A better knowledge of how to work Final Cut Pro, Sound Track Pro, After Effects and softwares on an iMac. While completing the Preliminary task we did not use Sound Track Pro or After Effects. However when editing my film I was able to use these softwares to make it seem much more professional. 


- Wider variety of shots, close ups, 180 degree rule, shot reverse shot, high/low angle shots, long shots, medium shots


- Being able to use media documents; storyboarding and shooting schedule's, these enabled me to be more organised into what I was filmng on that specific say. When planning for our preliminary task, we didnt use any media documents so I feel that this lead to a poorer quality Preliminary film. 

- Lastly I felt in my final media product, because of my developed/ing skills from my Preliminary task I was able to complete an effective looking opening sequence, with the help of all the different programs and shots that I had learnt to make it look more professional.



No comments:

Post a Comment